Rajasthan Test & Research Centre (RTRC) is ISO/IEC/IS 17025:2005 certified Laboratory accredited to National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) – Deptt. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India and recognized by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Govt. of India.
The range of accreditation/testing as per IS/IEC/BS/ASTM/NEMA/ANSI/AAI/TUV standards include:
- LV & MV Cables upto 33 kV covering all types of insulating & sheathing material.
- Aerial Bunched Cables upto 33 kV
- Fire Survival Cables for Fire alarm & fire protection Systems (also called circuit integrity cables)
- FR/FR-LSH/LSZH/ZHFR Cables
- Instrumentation Cables
- Mining Cables
- Elastomeric Insulated Cables upto 33 kV
- Thermocouple Compensating Cables
- Welding Cables
- Winding Wires for Submersible Cables
- Flexible Cables for lifts & other flexible Connections
- Overhead Conductors
- Solar Cables
- Raw Materials for Cables & Conductors
Testing Facilities for Circuit Integrity (Fire Survival) Cables:
- Fire Resistance Cables as per BS 7846
- Resistance to Fire Alone (Protocol C) as per BS 6387
- Resistance to Fire with Water (Protocol W) as per BS 6387
- Resistance to Fire With Mechanical Shock (Protocol Z) as per BS 6387
- Resistance to Fire (Category F30, F60, F120) as per BS 7846 / BS 8491
- Resistance to Fire with Mechanical Shock & Water (Classification PH 15, 30, 60, 90, 120) as per BS 8434-2 and BS EN 50200
- Circuit Integrity Test under Fire Conditions as per IEC 60331-1, IEC 60331-2, IEC 60331-3, IEC 60331-11 & IEC 60331-21
Testing Facilities for Cables with Improved Fire Performance and low emission of Smoke & Corrosive Gases including Halogen Free Compounds (FR/FR-LSH/ZHFR /LSZH):
- Smoke Density Rating [ASTM D-2843/IS 13360 (P-6) Sec-9]
- Measurement of Smoke Density (IEC 61034-2, IS:10810 (Part-63)
- Oxygen Index Test [ASTM D-2863, IS:10810 (Part-58)]
- Temperature Index Test [IS:10810 (Part-64)]
- Test for vertical flame spread of vertically mounted bunched wires or cables [IEC-60332, IEEE 383, IS:10810 (Part-62)]
- Halogen Acid Gas Evolution (IEC-60754-I,IS:10810 (Part-59))
- Flame Retardant Test (Swedish Chimney) [SS-424-1475, IS:10810 (Part-61)]
- pH & Conductivity Test [IEC 60754-2:2011]
Testing Facilities required by utilities like EIL/PSTCL/BSES/TUV/ AAI etc:
- Ultraviolet (UV) Test (UV Exposure of Nonmetallic Materials) as per ASTM G154.
- Accelerated Water Absorption Test (Electrical Method) as per NEMA WC-53, NEMA WC-70, ASTM D 2633-02, IEC 60502-1, 60502-2 and IS:10810 (P-28).
- Dielectric Strength Retention Test as per NEMA WC-53,NEMA WC-70 and ASTMD 2633-02.
- Colour Fastness to Daylight as per IS:10810 (Part-18).
- Colour Fastness to Water as per IS:5831.
- Bleeding and Blooming Test as per IS 10810 (Part-19), BS 6746.
- Anti Rodent & Termite Test [Airport Authority of India Specification]
- Oil Resistance Test as per IS 2465, IS:10810 (P-31) & IEC 60811 (P-404)
- Effect of Lubricating oil, Break fluid, diesel, petrol as per IS 2465
The laboratory is located in an environment friendly Industrial Estate at Industrial Model Township (IMT) Manesar, just 5 minutes drive from NH-8 and thus easily approachable.
Our Test Reports are accepted by:
- All member countries of APLAC & ILAC - Worldiwde.
- Bureau of Indian Standards
- Airports Authority of India
- TUV Rheinland (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC)
- NTPC Limited
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Engineers India Limited (EIL)
- BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd.
- Samsung India
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- RITES Limited……. and many others
We assure our prompt and quality services. We also ensure that the proprietary rights and confidential information of our customer, wherever relevant, are fully protected.
We have extensive domain knowledge and rich technical expertise with complete facilities to conduct the testing in an accurate and precise manner. We have rich experience in the field of cable testing.
We provide periodical training to our technical staff engaged in testing to keep them appraised with latest test methods and techniques for delivering reliable and sustainable services.
We also ensure that the proprietary rights and confidential information of our customers, wherever relevant, are fully protected.